This is a one day workshop presented by Brendan Kavanagh, a well-known course director and tutor in his field, with over forty-eight years of fire prevention and response experience. The webinar forms part of a fuller course on Training the Trainer – Fire Marshal & Fire Warden Roles.
Participants will, on completion of the webinar, have an understanding of the skills and knowledgebase required to train in-house fire marshals and fire wardens, plan evacuation drills and understand statutory fire safety obligations.
Specific intended learning outcomes:
- Basic principles of fire
- Classification of fires
- Basic principles of heat transmission and fire spread
- Common causes and consequences of fires in the workplace
- Legislation and fire risk assessment requirements
- Control measures to minimise the risk of fire
- Structural measures to prevent the spread of fire and smoke
- Fire detection, fire warning and firefighting equipment
- Requirements for fire plans
- Emergency evacuation procedures
Applicants for this webinar should be persons with responsibilities as fire wardens or initial emergency responders with basic fire safety awareness.
All necessary reference publications will be made available to attendees.